Blizzard fixes exploit on ZG enchants in WoW Classic

Blizzard Fixes Exploit On Zg Enchants In Wow Classic
  • Author: Furious
  • Date: April 21, 2020
  • Updated: October 7, 2020
  • Expansion: WoW Classic

Recently players have found an exploit that allowed them to apply class enchants from the newly released Zul’Gurub raid.

Players posted on the forums yesterday and Blizzard replied.

Bomberdx
people are trading their class enchants because of spell batching in trade windows

I wanted to let you know we’ve seen the reports, and we’re investigating.

I recommend you hold off on doing these cross-class enchantments while we investigate further. If you take advantage of this exploit, you run the risk that you may have wasted the enchantment if we disable or remove it.

Thanks for the bug report!

Then today Kaivax, a Blizzard Community Manager, posted that this has been hotfixed. Full comments below.

– (Source)

Our hotfix for this issue is now live. The benefit of a Zul’Gurub class enchant is canceled if:

• The player is not the correct class to use the enchant.
  • The player is not level 60.

The item itself will not be destroyed, and the enchant text will still appear on it. If they have one, players can replace the nonfunctional enchantment with another one.

We have have a hotfix coming soon that will prevent this sort of trade from being operable in the first place.

About the Author

Furious

If I'm not working or spending time with the family I'm probably gaming. Some of my favorite recent games I've played are Far Cry 5, World of Warcraft Classic, and 7 Days to Die.

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top