1 week ago  •  Unread 

Just curious to see the reasons behind playing a specific class. Aesthetic reasons, in-game abilities, lore, rotation, simplicity or complexity.. What's yours?

Light's Hope • Lightbringer • Awaiting Classic WoW

Image
1 week ago  •  Unread 

I always tended to roll a Druid as the idea of pure nature spells brought me kind of cozy and warm feeling. I love the bright green glow and the sounds of the spells. In Vanilla, Druids are to some extent underpopulated as they are considered to be masters of nothing. I like to be an outsider, sort of unique so having a prospect of mastering such class and showing that even Druids can shine appealed to me a lot. Nowadays I also like rolling Warrior as they are very complex, fun and challenging to play, especially prot for me. I like to dig in the details of the class and learning its depths so I can step off the crowd and be one of the best of that class (not that I would be atm, lol).

slud wrote:
1 week ago
Hit me up if you wanna play on Light's Hope together!
Anyways, are you about to start on the fresh LH server?

Last edited by Faendor on Fri May 11, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
People who liked this post: sludFlerex
They claimed I didn't but I did...
1 week ago  •  Unread 

When I played vanilla years ago I remember picking Warlock because I heard about the group ritual for the Doomguard which would kill one of the participants. I never got to do it when I played back then but it was such a draw for me, it just seemed so intense.

People who liked this post: slud
For the Crusade!
1 week ago  •  Unread 

I had a several mains - mage, paladin and rogue successively - the one bringing me the fondest memories is a paladin from TBC/WotLK era. I always liked the idea of extending a helping hand to the others, being able to support when needed, yet to kick butts when the situation demands. Hence the holy warrior seemed as a fit class to me. And back then it was a 10/10 choice. I really enjoyed the paladin gameplay, the role and the animation of abilities. Lights everywhere, justice and wrath of vengeance well deserved. Blood elf 360 jump was a cherry on the top.

Just because I dear this experience in my heart so much, I doubt I'll roll a paladin ever again. For me - it would be impossible to relive the class in any better way. And feel really happy having this memory.

People who liked this post: slud
- anno 2005.
1 week ago  •  Unread 

I literally can't decide. I'm having an existential crisis over it. I mean, I like tanking but I don't really like warriors. I also don't want the constant pressure of leading the dungeon. Maybe some of the time, but sometimes I know I'll get home from work and just want to chill out. I don't really enjoy healing. I also like collecting gear and seeing it on my character. That's why I'm questioning rolling druid, since so much of their time is spent shape shifted and you can't admire their gear as much. In the end, it'll be a while before classic is announced but less launched, so I have a lot of time to keep driving myself crazy going between classes.

People who liked this post: slud
1 week ago  •  Unread 

Laphroaig wrote:
1 week ago
I literally can't decide. I'm having an existential crisis over it. I mean, I like tanking but I don't really like warriors. I also don't want the constant pressure of leading the dungeon. Maybe some of the time, but sometimes I know I'll get home from work and just want to chill out. I don't really enjoy healing. I also like collecting gear and seeing it on my character. That's why I'm questioning rolling druid, since so much of their time is spent shape shifted and you can't admire their gear as much. In the end, it'll be a while before classic is announced but less launched, so I have a lot of time to keep driving myself crazy going between classes.
When you cannot decide on what do you want from the list - it is the best to begin by thinking about what you don't want and crossing these things out. This general rule of life is directly applicable to your tremendous dilemma (chuckle), which we've all faced. Therefore, as the list shortens and you hear yourself telling the arguments "why not this, why not that" - the choice becomes so much easier.

Finally, when there are only two picks - you flip a coin. There is a secret here as well - to catch yourself on a thought which side you hope it lands. Once you got it - the side it actually landed doesn't matter. You've got your answer. :smile:

- anno 2005.
1 week ago  •  Unread 

Laphroaig wrote:
1 week ago
I literally can't decide. I'm having an existential crisis over it. I mean, I like tanking but I don't really like warriors. I also don't want the constant pressure of leading the dungeon. Maybe some of the time, but sometimes I know I'll get home from work and just want to chill out. I don't really enjoy healing. I also like collecting gear and seeing it on my character. That's why I'm questioning rolling druid, since so much of their time is spent shape shifted and you can't admire their gear as much. In the end, it'll be a while before classic is announced but less launched, so I have a lot of time to keep driving myself crazy going between classes.
You should probably go with some dps class instead then. If you don't like Warriors and you are most likely to not enjoy leading a group, you shouldn't roll warrior. What specifically don't you like about healing?

They claimed I didn't but I did...
User avatar
EU Dunemaul
22
brank
Alliance
1 week ago  •  Unread 

I have also always been a druid main. As WoW is a RPG game, I loved the role that druids have in the lore, protecting nature and bringing balance to Azeroth. Regarding gameplay, being the only class able to transform itself into an animal to do the role of any of the other class was very appealing. With that, plus me being a completely fan of characters with magic abilities and that are not melee made my decision clear.

My second main is a mage for the same reason, I love the way it works and how cool their magic abilities are. Imagine being a completely noob and discovering that you can transform your enemies into sheep and attack them while they're transform. Overpowered, right?

As a curiosity, I know how to play (more or less) all classes (up to WotLK) except Rogues, Warriors and Hunters just because they have no magic and, thus, have no attraction to me. I'm weird, I know.

Image
1 week ago  •  Unread 

Flerex wrote:
1 week ago
As a curiosity, I know how to play (more or less) all classes (up to WotLK) except Rogues, Warriors and Hunters just because they have no magic and, thus, have no attraction to me. I'm weird, I know.
It's the first time I see such a clear-cut argument why not X, Y, Z. No magic. No attraction. Period. :biggrin:

- anno 2005.
User avatar
EU Dunemaul
22
brank
Alliance
1 week ago  •  Unread 

Razor wrote:
1 week ago
Flerex wrote:
1 week ago
As a curiosity, I know how to play (more or less) all classes (up to WotLK) except Rogues, Warriors and Hunters just because they have no magic and, thus, have no attraction to me. I'm weird, I know.
It's the first time I see such a clear-cut argument why not X, Y, Z. No magic. No attraction. Period. :biggrin:
I know right? I have tried Hunters in some instant servers because at least they're ranged, but I wouldn't be able to level up a hunter all the way till 60, for example.

Image
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
42
brank
Alliance
Participant x 1
1 week ago  •  Unread 

Rogue.
They have a lot of style, and are extremely fun to play.
I can go anywhere with Stealth ability, it makes me feel safe at all times,

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Similar topics to 'Which class do you play, and why?' Posts ViewsLast post